Four Ways to Apply to Be a Guest
(1) Fill out our online application:Guest Application
(2) Contact us directly by phone 484-380-2999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) If you live within the U.S. and wish for us to call you, fill out below and submit:
(4) If you wish for us to email you an application, fill out below and submit:
BECOMING A GUEST
Our goal is to provide patient-families a place to stay for as long as they may need.
Benefits of Host-Home Lodging
Having family members present is of direct benefit to patients and family members. Patients need the support of family members to navigate complex health care systems and decisions. Family members need a place to go to restore their energy and thus be able to help their hospitalized loved one each day.
For both patients and family members, staying at a host-home provides a place where guests witness that life goes on normally, providing a break from the medical crises.
Indeed, for hospitalized patients there is peace-of-mind in knowing that their loved ones are at a home with a caring host-family, rather than being alone at a hotel.
Create a personal pledge page and invite friends to join you in making a gift as a caring way to help patients and families in need.
Joe and Donna Burk from Texas needed lodging for one week in association with going to the Wills Eye Institute
Rockeisha Barnett of Jamaica needed lodging for 6 months to undergo surgery and rehab at the Shriners Hospital
Elizabeth and Chris Sebero from Alabama needed lodging for 2 months so there baby could be born at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Help when medical bills were piling up!
I found out that at 36 weeks I would need to be close by the hospital.
I almost cried at the kindness!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs for Guests
How does the HOSTS for HOSPITALS’s lodging service differ from other hospital-related lodging?
Who are the Hosts?
What services do the Hosts provide?
For which medical facilities does HOSTS for HOSPITALS provide its lodging services?
Do I pay for this service?
How do I apply to be a Guest?
What is involved in the screening process?
How soon are Guests placed once the application/referral process is completed?
What happens next after I am given the name and phone number of my Host?
What do I do when I arrive at my Host’s home?
May I pay my Hosts, give them a gift or donate to HOSTS for HOSPITALS?
Additional FAQs for Medical Partners
What role do hospital staff have in referring patients and their families to the program?
- That there is a program with a wonderful lodging option for them, HOSTS for HOSPITALS.
- That if they wish, you will have someone from HOSTS for HOSPITALS call them.
- They will be under no obligation to accept lodging if offered.
With the family’s permission you would then contact us so we may contact the family. You can thus help ensure that all hospital patients and their families know of the host-home option by:
- speaking about our service with your colleague passing on our literature to them
- arranging for us to meet with departmental staff
- arranging for host-guest stories to be including in hospital publications
- informing us of medical conferences at which our program could be presented, and
- arranging for the program to be mentioned at the top of the lodging resource section of the hospital website